Thursday

Girly Playroom

When I was younger I would dream of having my own playroom thankfully with the help of my wonderful husband (giving up his man cave) I was able to give my little girl one. A girly colorful playroom that suits her personality PERFECT was exactly what she needed. The fact that I don't have to pick up toys all over the house has absolutley nothing to do with it:) but it is a huge plus! Now that everything is confined to one room makes for easy clean up.

I had so much fun decorating this room I first found a pair of curtains at Walmart (in the clearance section) that I fell in love with and that kind of set the whole tone for the room Here Go to the store though because I got them ALOT cheaper if I remember correctly I think I paid 11 or 12 bucks for them.

Next came picking a paint color to compliment all those fabulous bright colors (and tone them down a bit because the hubby was freaking out) I picked almost aqua by Glidden (looks more aqua I promise)

After all of the painting was done (thank you hubby) came the fun part.... DECORATING!!

The green bin I found in the garden section at Target.. perfect for all of those buliding blocks that were usually scattered all over the floor.
The very awesome and very perfect (except for being too small) rug I found on clearance at Target. I paid under $30.00 for it so I had to snatch it up.

The chalkboard/whiteboard/paper roll easel I got from Ikea:
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50021076
Taped off the pieces I didn't want painted and sprayed it white and pink to match the rest of the room. Cheap, cute and provides hours of fun for your little artist (don't forget the paper).

One of my favorite places to go to is the dollar bins at Target!! They always have some fantastic finds. I found 3 cute lil pails for crayons, colored pencils and chalk and a place mat to protect the table when being colored on.
"Baby Section" blue bucket found at my local Dollar Store:)
Found these awesome floor cushions at Walmart... $15.00 each! Perfect for when Daddy or Mommy play too (we don't fit too comfortably in the tiny chairs).

Another AWESOME AND CHEAP find!!! The table and chair set I found at Ikea for only $19.99!!! can you believe it!! Again I pulled out the spray paint to customize:) sanded, primed and painted the table a nice bright white and chairs pink (don't assemble... makes for much easier painting). Then I sewed cute little cushions with ribbon chair ties to match the room and make a little tushy that much more happier.
Birthday present from mommy and daddy.
The artwork was a DIY I simply found some nice white frames from my local craft store (on clearance for $4.99 each) Found some cute scrapbook paper to match the room then found some little animals online. I then printed them on sticker paper, cut the paper to size and put the sticker in the middle, put the glass back on and voila instant fun artwork!!
My favorite part of the whole room.... another DIY project and my 1st building one. I made this dress up center using plans by:   http://ana-white.com/
This is an extremely easy and fun project to work on and not to mention totally cute and functional!

5 comments:

  1. I came across your blog while searching for play room areas for my daughter and I love your area you created!! I was wondering where you got the white table that you have in the middle of the room?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin,
    Thank you so much for your support:) I got the table from Ikea a few years ago. It's actually a tv stand and was black but was the perfect size for my tot. I sanded, primed and painted it white to match the rest of the room. I am sure Ikea carries them in white also, I already had the black one on hand and it wasn't being used so I recycled it! Hope that helps and thanks again:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found your blog on HGTV's Rate My Space. Love this playroom! Great ideas for my daughter's playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you happen to know the dimensions on the TV stand you're using for a table in the center? Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sugary Sweets,
    Welcome:) The tv stand is 47" long 23" wide and 18" high it's perfect for sitting at. Even I can sit comfortably with my daughter and color.
    I have changed the room up a little bit since these pics were taken. I took off the closet doors and put up a rod and curtains to match the window ones. I put a small bookcase in there so that is now her reading nook. She loves it! She loves to pull the curatins closed and hide:) If you have any more questions let me know! Thanks!!
    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete